There are Twelve (12) temples called Jyotirlingas dedicated to Lord Eshwara in the form of Shiva Lingas. These temples are situated across India and are considered very sacred by Hindus. There is a belief that, all these twelve Jyothirlingas are to be visited in the month of November-December (Kartika Masam). Below are brief details of each Jyotirlinga. Visit respective individual page for more details on each place.
1. Sri Somanatheshwara Jyotirling is considered as the first jyotirling among all. This is situated in Prabhas patal (Junaghad, Gujarat state). Worshipping this temple, people will be free of diseases. And, there is a belief that people suffering from TB, will get cured.
2. Sriselam Mallikarjuna Jyotirlinga is the second one which gains importance, on visiting, people will be relieved of their sins. This temple is situated near Sriselam in Karnool district of Andhra Pradesh.
3. The third Jotirlinga is situated near Ujjaini of Madhya Pradesh. On worshipping Shree Mahakaleshwara Jyotirling, people lead happy life without sadness.
4. Near Indore (Nimar district, Madhya Pradesh), the fourth, Sri Omkareshwara Jyotirlinga is located. On performing puja, people will overcome their weaknesses if they have any.
5. Situated at Kedarnath (Uttaranchal), Kedareshwara Jyotirlinga is the fifth Jyothirlinga. Visiting this place, people will find their wishes come true.
6. Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga which is the Sixth one, is located near Pune (Maharashtra). All kind of pains will be relieved on performing pooja in this temple.
7. The seventh one is the Kashi Vishweshwara Jyotirlinga is located at Varanasi. People get peaceful mind and free of tension.
8. Sri Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga is the eighth Jyotirlingam. This is situated near Nasik of Maharashtra. On visiting this Jyotirlinga, people will come out of their weaknesses and get nearer to lord Shiva.
9. Sri Vaidyanatheshwara Jyotirlinga is the nineth Jyotirlinga which is at Devghad (Bihar). People will have a profitable business on visiting and performing puja in this place.Railway station BAIDYANATHDHAM station code: BDME ( Nearest Main railway station Jasidih Junction 15 KM ( station code JSME ) on Howrah Delhi main line)
10. Near Dwaraka (Gujarat), Sri Nageshwara Jyotirlinga, considered as the tenth Jyotirlingam, is situated. On performing puja in this temple, people will be free of their sin (dosha).
11. Sri Rameswara Jyotirlinga is the Eleventh Jyothirlinga situated near Kanyakumari of Tamilnadu. People visiting this place will be free of their sins and their wishes will come true.
12. Situated near Yellora caves of Maharashtra is the 12th Jyotirlinga, Sri Grishneswar Jyotirlinga. People who worship here will get all kind of luxury in life.